Oregon Health & Science University Hospital
Job Expired - Click here to search for similar jobs
In support of the OHSU Logistics mission, this position is responsible for receiving, processing, warehousing, and delivery of surplus property. This position requires the safe operation of OHSU supplied motor vehicles and other industry related equipment to provide these services. This position assists in general upkeep of the warehouse as well as assisting the Surplus Specialist in maintaining an accurate inventory of surplus property. This position provides periodic support for adhoc/urgent courier requests. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers of the OHSU community.
Function/Duties of Position
- Coordination and performing daily operations and inventory control functions including receiving, processing, inventorying and delivering materials throughout the OHSU campus and the Greater Portland Metro Area, while following all federal, state, local, and OHSU safety, parking, and departmental policies and procedures. Materials includes: office & medical supplies, office & other business related furnishings, and medical & lab equipment. Methods of transportation include: driving, walking, and operating forklift. Provides various services, both on and off campus, including, but not limited to: surplus, general warehousing, and freight receiving & delivery.
- Coordinating and performing warehouse functions including: storage, pulling orders, loading and unloading trucks, cleaning and organizing surplus inventory etc, maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
- Coordinating and performing proper use, maintenance, cleaning, and storage of equipment used to perform daily activities; including, but not limited to: cell phone, pallet jacks, tables, chairs, dollies, hand trucks, load straps, moving carts, power and hand tools, forklift, and other job related equipment. Secures and stores equipment immediately when no longer needed, and treats all equipment with respect.
- Properly operate OHSU supplied motor vehicles, while following all federal, state, and local laws and OHSU safety, parking, and departmental policies & procedures. Responsible to thoroughly perform & document a daily vehicle inspection and report any discrepancies or deficiencies to Fleet Services Dispatcher/Supervisor. Responsible to: lock vehicle when unattended, maintain a high level of interior/exterior cleanliness, perform a daily inspection of emergency/inclement weather equipment on-board, and to perform emergency roadside repairs such as: changing tires, putting on chains, using jumper cables, etc.
Customer, Dispatcher, and Management Interaction -
Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers both in-person and over the phone. Listens to customers' concerns and performs follow-up responsibilities as appropriate. Serves as a helpful resource to customers regarding OHSU and departmental policies & procedures. Responds to all phone calls, text messages, emails, and voice messages in a prompt and professional manner. Informs dispatcher and/or customers of any delays or issues in completion of requested services. Attends and participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings and/or one-on-one meetings.
- Accurate and timely completion of all various paperwork associated with daily activities including: Delivery Receipts, Overtime & Vacation Request Forms, Timecard Correction Forms, DVIR books, etc. Returns completed paperwork to the responsible party. Properly fill out and keep track of Delivery Services Job Tickets as they are completed and turn in to the Delivery Services Dispatcher no later than the end of shift; this includes: Customer Signature, Start and End Times, Job Notes, Employee Names, leaving Receipt with Customer.
- Provides direct deliveries from dock to specific location through various means, hand carts, pallet jacks, dollies, box trucks, and other fleet equipment. This position will also unpack, set up, and dispose of packing material at the customer's request. Transport materials and specimens throughout the OHSU campuses and Greater Portland Metropolitan Area on both a scheduled route and ad hock basis.
- Perform other various job-related duties as assigned
Experience in coordinating and performing daily warehouse operations, functions and activities.
Experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment
Entry level experience performing stores (retail) and inventory work; AND Training or experience providing knowledge of inventory control systems, and transportation agencies and shipping methods (Amazon Purchasing). May require current Driver's license and driving record that meets OHSU's driving requirements
Customer service skills. Must be personable
Ability to operate a wide array of warehouse equipment including: hand trucks, pallet jacks, dollies, forklifts, and other fleet vehicles
Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. without the use of a mechanical device, occasionally lift and move equipment weighing in excess of 100 lbs. with assistance
Proficiency with MS Office and internal OHSU programs such as the Surplus Property Office, Oracle, and Kronos
Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record as defined by OHSU
Code of conduct
Respect in the workplace
Applicable policies, procedures and agreements related to position, department or OHSU as a whole
Successful completion of Dangerous Goods Shipping online course within 90 days of employment
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
HS Diploma or equivalent
Two years' experience in Transportation and/or Warehousing industry and customer service position. One year in health care environment
Basic mathematical skills
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Must be able to read and write English
Demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality
Hazardous Materials Endorsement
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at or .
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Date Posted: 03 October 2022
Job Expired - Click here to search for similar jobs
© 2022 Tomorrows-Job | Powered by